A joint venture between Ecotech Ltd and Fichtner Water & Transportation GmbH, set up to deliver Consultancy Services for Water and Environmental Sanitation Program “Improving Urban Water Services Delivery in Somalia” has been awarded by UNICEF. The overall objective of the consultancy is to contribute to a better urban and peri-urban water services delivery in Somaliland (an autonomous region of Somalia) that is governed by sound frameworks and managed and over-seen by a capable private and public sector.
- Our team provided technical expertise in the following area; –
- Development of a communication strategy and facilitating a public awareness campaign.
- Development of a regulatory framework including performance monitoring of the utilities.
- Conducting capacity gap analyses and capacity development.
- Conduct an environmental and social impact assessment.
- Situational analysis and assessment of pro-poor approaches.
Ecotech delivers leading edge services locally through our network of offices in the east Africa region. From investment planning to operational support, design to capacity building, our water consultants are supporting clients including private investors, national and local governments in conflict zones and fragile and developing states.
- Project: Improving Urban Water & Environmental Program
- Category: Water & Wastewater
- Client: UNICEF